Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rainy Day Reading Bookmark

I thought I would start with a simple little project today.  An easy to do bookmark.  

When I was choosing papers for this project I wanted both the front and back of the bookmark to be pretty.  So I chose double-side paper.  You could also use a pretty color felt but in this case it would not have been sturdy enough for all the embellishments I used.

 

Next I assembled all the elements I wanted.  I die cut a tag, punched a circle and cut the bookmark itself.  Didn't use a die cut for this, just cut the paper 2"x6" and used a corner rounder on the top. I distressed the tag but nothing else.


I use a simple technique for distressing.  Just one of these makeup sponges that I dab lightly on the stamp, swirl on a blank sheet of palette paper and then softly go over what I want distressed.  Add more if needed and you're all set.


I always stamp my sentiments after distressing. Some people may do this before but my ink always smears so it doesn't work for me.  I'm probably doing something wrong here but can't figure out what it is. LOL!

Then I just started adhering it all together.  Tied some baker's twine around the punched circle to give it some dimension, added pop dots to the back and then added the little insect.  Here's the finished project.  My hubby looked at it and said "how the heck are you going to close the book?!".  He's just the cutest. Hmm.


Well that's it for today.  I hope you enjoyed.

Until next time,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment