Thursday, September 1, 2011

An Angel Among Us


When I first started decorative painting, aka tole painting, I tried to attend painting conventions hosted in my local area.  I don’t like to fly.  And it was during one of these conventions that I met Debbie Kaput. 

I knew of Debbie through an online network of other tole painters called ToleNet.  Debbie frequently posted to the group and shared her knowledge of painting.  Just reading Debbie’s posts always made you smile.  She had a special way about her that was evident even though I had never met her in person.

Then I met Debbie while attending a convention in Orlando.  I remember feeling like I had known her forever.  She was just that kind of person.  Open, inviting, caring and kind.  A pleasure to know for sure.

Sadly, Debbie passed away in 1999 at the young age of 46 from colon cancer.  All of us who had met Debbie and those who knew her from ToleNet were extremely saddened.   We missed her presence.  

This design is one of Debbie’s. 




I think of her each time I paint this angel.  I love knowing that she lives on in our hearts and in our painting. 

Until next time,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment