Sunday, October 16, 2011

How My Garden Grows

I love to putz around in the garden.  It’s a struggle in the summer to get things to grow.  I’m mostly fighting bugs and getting eaten by mosquitoes.  Not too mention about to burst into flames from the heat. 

But when the humidity starts to lower I’m ready to start again!  This season I’ve planted squash, different tomatoes, some herbs, collards and peppers.  I seem to plant mostly the same things.  Except this time around I have a ‘volunteer’ plant growing! 

I didn’t plant a seed, I didn’t water or anything but it grew.  I have to say it’s my BEST plant ever!  Want to see a picture?  Ok. 
 John saw it first, came back in the house and told me I better look at the plants in the earth box.  I thought, oh no, figuring bugs got them or a possum.   But instead it’s our little Junior making himself at home on top of the collards.  Isn’t this the cutest????? He must not like collards. 

Now for some of the projects I’ve been working on. 
A little birthday card for a dear friend. 

A small little memo book.
The memo book is one of those little $1 store goodies covered with papers, wrinkle ribbon and a little die cut and paper flower.  Just the right size for tucking into your purse.

Until next time,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Junior helping mommy with her garden... how adorable. Cats do the cutest things. Love the birthday card and memo pad. You are soooooo talented!!

    ReplyDelete