Friday, December 16, 2011

A Little Holiday Joy

Ok, so for the 5 friends who are reading my blog, I know I have been gone very long.  I am trying to catch up with several things and this blog is one of them.

On a personal note, I have had some health issues and many days it’s a struggle to do all I would like to do.  But I do like my little blog and hope I can do better at posting.

It seems like the end of summer arrived and then BAM!  the holidays were here.  I have managed to create a few things while lots more are on the to-do list.  One  thing I really had fun with is this altered chipboard Santa hat. 


I plan on creating some more projects like this.  I have plans for a couple banners, a recipe book and an embellished book to house all the cards my husband and I have given to each other over the years.  Right now I just keep them in folders in a file cabinet.  Not ideal I know.  The idea of the greeting card book came from Dawn McVey.  She created this super cute Christmas Card Mini Book which can be found on her blog here.

Another thing about the holidays are the traditions.  There is one thing I do every year without fail.  And that’s bake Christmas tree spritz cookies.  They are easy to do.  So cute on a cookie tray and yummy to boot.

I’ve used the same recipe for 50 years!  Seriously.  Well, wait.  Initially I was the helper in the kitchen using the recipe when I was about 8 years old.  Then I continued the tradition in my own home.  I even have one of the original Mirro cookie presses. 

Here’s a little picture of some of the trees I made.


Well that’s it for today.  I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful time of year.

Until next time,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment