Friday, January 13, 2012

Pockets and Purrs

Remember the cat I was finally able to trap around Christmas?  Well here he is.
I named him Grayson. He’s really sweet but sometimes he has a look that will stop you in your tracks. John says he looks like a body builder that’s hasn’t built his lower body. You can see a little of that in this picture. Big head and then the rest of him thins out. Bless his heart.

He’s the only solid gray cat in the colony. I really don’t see many grays around. Lots of black and whites, tabbies and oranges, but not grays. Apparently the grays weren’t invited to the parties very much. Probably because they act huffy puffy with others :-)

Some of my favorite materials to create with are paper bags and Kraft paper. Something about that natural background that I love. So many possibilities. I love to make pockets with them. You can tuck so many things into them and then give as a sweet little gift. Wrap a homemade cookie or treat in a doily, tuck in the pocket and you have a sweet little gift for one! Personal and heartfelt.

Here’s a recent paper bag project. 


Slip a candy bar, cookie or other treat in one of the pockets and add a little handmade card or note in the other.

That’s it for today.

Until next time,
Hannah 

1 comment:

  1. Grayson is a perfect name! I love it.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Hooray for TT Team! =)
    I'm now a new follower, and will be heading over to check out your shop (that paper bag is WAY cute!).
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete