Monday, January 23, 2012

Such a Purrfect Day

Yesterday was such an wonderful day.  You know, one of those days when you feel like you can take on the world?  Well that was yesterday.  I started getting the garden ready for planting, John helping me with the hardest parts, did some much needed pruning and planted some lemon balm and a hanging basket with impatiens.  Doesn’t sound like much does it?  But as a fibromyalgia sufferer, it was everything!  One of those rare days with very minimal pain.. I was on top of the world :-) 

Such a beautiful day too.  Perfect temps and a light breeze.  We hung the hammock up.  It seemed to be calling us.  Hey, you two, over here.  And, of course, our Allie was all for that.  She loves to relax in the hammock.  She thinks it's hers.


Pulled most of the lemons off our tree yesterday too.  Love our lemon tree.  It has these HUGE lemons, lots of juice and it was a volunteer tree to boot.  We didn’t even know we had a lemon tree until a couple years ago and BAM! I spot a lemon on the grapefruit tree. Ha!


Aren’t these great?  In total, we pulled 60 off the tree.  And there are still more.  So today I have lots of juicing/freezing to do.  And when summertime arrives…  let there be lemonade. 

And of course one of the kids had to get in on the action.  No Bailey, this isn't something you can eat.

Nothing going on crafty yesterday although I did make this little valentine pocket with tag recently.



I love to make pockets.  This one starts with a little Kraft paper envelope I made then lined with Basic Grey Kissing Booth collection.  Love the little cupid. 


Until next time,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah! I found your blog from the tt team forum. Seems like we have a lil bit in common...I too have a chronic pain illness that I struggle with everyday, so I know what you mean when you get one of those rare good days. LOL! And I'm a cat lover too with 5 of my own. I love your blog and am now a follower. Wishing you a happy creative day! :)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete